How to Evaluate Mobile Developer Talent (iOS and Android)
CodeSubmit is excited to add mobile development to our library of programming aptitude tests! Hiring teams can create their own assignments for iOS and Android, or use one of the CodeSubmit Library assignments to assess mobile development skills.
With CodeSubmit for Mobile, you can test candidates on all the skills you may need in an app developer. For iOS, that includes skills and capabilities like:
- Knowledge of iOS programming languages (Swift, Objective-C)
- Ability to develop an app for different devices: smartphones, tablets, etc.
- Ability to work with most frequently used APIs and open-source libraries
- Knowledge of IDE, REST/JSON/XML standards; MVP, MVVM architecture patterns
If you're hiring an Android developer, you can test for:
- Practical knowledge in Android programming languages (Kotlin, Java)
- Experience working in open-source ecosystems and libraries
- Knowledge of Android NDK and architectural patterns - MVP, MVVM
- Familiarity with Android version updates and their APIs
And after your candidate is finished, reviewing their assignment is also easier than ever – with CodePlay for Mobile, your candidate's application is easily previewed right in your browser:
After launching CodePlay for Mobile, you can view your candidate's submission in whichever device you prefer, making it easy to simulate how the app would perform in the real world.
Ready to give it a try for yourself?
Sign up here to try CodeSubmit for free, no credit card required.